We are excited to find out that Envato, the company behind ThemeForest, have added another $7000 to their Ghost Theme prize pot, making the total $12,000!
There are various prizes available for Ghost Theme developers. Here is all the info you need:
The Info (Quoted from the ThemeForest website)
Hot on the heels of the first “Most Wanted” contest for Ghost, we’ve put an extra $7,000 bounty on the head of Envato’s latest most wanted file type – Ghost Themes on ThemeForest. How do you collect? Submit anew Ghost theme that meets the following criteria:
- We’re giving out $500 each for the 5 themes with the best use of advanced design techniques(e.g. animation, parallax, masonry, responsiveness, CSS3, etc.)
- We’re giving out $500 each for the 5 themes with the best use of a genre-specific design (e.g. food, travel, fashion, etc.)
- An individual theme can win prizes for BOTH incorporating superior advanced design techniques as well as having an amazing genre-specific design (2 x $500 = $1000)
- Authors can only win up to one prize each in each of these two areas, whether it’s both for a single theme, or one prize apiece for two different themes ($1000 maximum per author for “best use”)
- Winners in these areas will be voted on by Envato staff.
We’re also handing out $200 to each of the first 10 new Ghost Themes to get uploaded and approvedbased on your own existing theme or site template designs on ThemeForest! For example this Ghost theme created from this existing theme design.
Each author is allowed to win a maximum of one (1) prize for a newly converted theme.
Converted themes are also eligible for both “best use” prizes – that’s potentially $1200 in total winnings for a single theme!
Ghost themes cannot be “converted” from an existing Ghost theme design.
Make sure to notify the reviewers that the item is a conversion and link to the existing item in the submission upload comments box.
Ghost – Here to Stay
Ghost is growing and it looks like it’s here to stay! It’s exciting and encouraging to see big players like Envato encouraging the development of themes for the Ghost platform.
As far as we are concerned, this is a massive indicator that Ghost is here to stay and it is a great time to jump on board. Whether simply as a user buying one of the sweet themes from the ThemeForest marketplace or as a developer making some cash from your sweet coding skills and love for the Ghost platform!
If you were ever considering dabbling in Ghost theme development, now is your opportunity. This competition is a great incentive! Who wouldn’t want to win a sweet $500? – or potentially even more!
Developers have roughly a month to get their themes ready, submitted and approved.
So – what are you waiting for? Go go go!
If you do make a sweet theme – let us know – perhaps we will feature it on the blog!